Traveling in the southwest
Traffic and roads
- Construction projects, plans, and studies
- 2020 construction projects map (pdf)
- Districtwide and maintenance projects
- Navigate Minnesota with 511
- Truck permits
- District 8 Annual Utility Meeting information
District 8 news
- Following guidance from state health officials about protecting the health and well-being of Minnesotans and preventing further spread of COVID-19, the Minnesota Department of Transportation has postponed all scheduled public meetings and project open houses statewide.
- Road work continues to be a critical service. MnDOT is committed to protecting the health, safety and well-being of its employees, contractors and all Minnesotans. Crews continue to follow the guidance of state and federal health officials to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- District 8 is testing safety projects for people who walk and bike in Madison and Marshall. Projects will be installed (on a temporary basis) the week of Sept. 14. The testing period lasts approximately 30 days. Community feedback is wanted! Visit the Madison project page and Marshall project page for more information and to take a brief survey.
- You're invited to attend a virtual open house for the Hwy 23 & Hwy 9 safety improvement project in New London. Visit the project page for more information and to attend the virtual open house.
- We are celebrating the completion of the Hwy 12 Litchfield project. Visit the virtual ribbon cutting to learn more about the project from start to finish.